Sunday, February 20, 2011

So I've been thinking lately....

There's someone I know that has made some bad choices. This person is in an authoritative role, yet gets very little respect because of the choices. But...now it's all kind of come to a head. I'm totally a full believer in karma, all that what-goes-around-comes-around kind of stuff.

Now that karma seems to be taking its course, I can't help but feel kinda bad for this person...despite the consequences being totally earned (in my opinion). Maybe it just stinks to see people having a hard time in life? Does anyone know what I mean? Once what you wished for to happen has happened, it seems sad?

10 comments:

  1. I hate that! Especially when all you want to do is gloat. Darn empathy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I don't know if I know exactly how you feel, but I often feel sorry for random criminals when something happens. Not that I don't want them to get punished, but it can be so sudden and so tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know...right? I wouldn't say I'm an overly empathetic person, either. I'm just an average empathy-disher! My mom, though, she screams empathy. If she gets bad service at a restaurant, she'll tip extra, saying, "Oh sad...I bet it's the server's first day or maybe he/she is just having a really bad day."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I do know what you mean.

    Totally cruel cryptic post, btw...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I was totally thinking the same thing, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Well it IS a huge secret...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally kidding....story to come. You just never know who may stumble across the blog, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know how you feel, I used to think my Father in Law deserves everything he gets! Now he's getting it and I just feel sorry for him :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. and this is why you're a better person than i'll ever be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There was someone who was very mean to everyone and totally got away with it. We always talked about Karma and getting what she deserves and what ended up happening was that she disappeared from our lives, which was the best thing that could have happened. Sure I would have loved to see her get it, but then I would have felt bad for her (on a tiny level) (maybe) but it feels so much free-er to just be done with all of it

    ReplyDelete