Friday, February 11, 2011

Randomness

Caught myself thinking, "Ah...what a nice day! So warm and sunny!" Looked at the thermometer....37*. Really. My warped inner thermometer clearly needs a dose of real warmth.

My class was really on one this morning. "Teacher, I forgot this..." "Teacher, I forgot that..." "Teacher, I didn't know I had to do the homework...." "Teacher...." So, we had a little talk about how third graders should be acting and that they should be able to be responsible to get their things done by now....etc. I gave them the classic line, "I'm disappointed in you and the choices you're making..." (See? Told you I was ready to be a parent.) They could tell I meant it and stoicly (just made that word up I think) got in line. As we walked down the hall in a straight, silent line, I heard the sweet girl behind me. She's totally a peacemaker...will give you a compliment to ease your mood. She whispered to the boy next to her, "Don't you think Mrs. Cox's hair is pretty?" You know, just loud enough to ensure that I heard.
Such a kiss up! Ha, love these little dears.

You know what I need tonight? A good work night. So here I am at school, ready to get to work. Well, of course I'm blogging right now...but after that, to work I go! I love the feeling of having an unlimited amount of time to just work. No hurry, no rush to get home (all they sickies at my house are asleep), just uninterrupted work time with plenty of diet coke, candy, and the tunes blaring!

2 comments:

  1. It was over 40 in SLC today. HEAT WAVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah, ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! How'd that work out for ya? Get a lot done?

    ReplyDelete