Monday, February 14, 2011

Love is in the air.....


Woohoo! 450th post!

I really do love Valentine's Day. Like my mom says, it's just about the people you love. Nothing over the top like Christmas can get. We always got little Valentine goodies and treats, nothing huge (except that year in college when my mom sent a roll of Valentine toilet paper in my care package! Best Valentine ever!).

Our school does an amazing Valentine Social...it's like Senior Prom! Decorated beautifully, twinkling lights....as I overheard one boy say, "They've outdone themselves this year!"

It was really beautiful and the kids had a great time dancing! They were very polite and had their fancy outfits on. I overheard one kid say, "I have butterflies!" as the kid behind him is taking deep, calming breaths. Remember your first dance?! Stress!!

Will even came in is best suit....looked adorable! We danced like crazy and had a great time.


Later during the day a BIG box of flowers were delivered. I opened them and the kids just kept asking who they were from....I made them guess, and luckily the guesses didn't take long!

For dinner plans, Liz and I toyed around with a few different strategies for making dinner/taking dinner/skipping dinner/making a 12 course meal/Top Ramen....and decided to go out and eat instead! So....to Gaucho Grill we went. It's a new Brazilian Steakhouse in Logan and we loved it! Go hungry...SO MUCH FOOD!!

4 comments:

  1. It was at about 9:15 am when Sammy said, "Um...where are our Valentine's decorations?" and I knew I had dropped the mommy ball big time! So I tried to prep him for next year, instead...

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you using the instagram app??
    love it!

    ReplyDelete