Friday, February 4, 2011

List

For today's post, nothing is really striking my fancy...so I'll go for the list approach.

  • Is there anything sadder than a sick baby? Will has had a fever, won't eat or drink, a nasty cough, and is just generally miserable. Doctor says bronchitis.
  • We have a pediatrician that I am grateful for and really respect. I'd worry a lot more if we didn't. I've heard some horror stories lately.
  • Admittedly, I am enjoying the cuddliness of sick baby. Falling asleep next to me in my bed hasn't happened since about month 2.
  • Was supposed to work at Sabor tonight...grateful I could get my shift covered and be home to rest with baby.
  • ....and take a 3 hour nap too....
  • I'm hungry...and nothing sounds good....if I wasn't so grubby I'd head to Coldstone. Seems like an excellent dinner....except, have you ever been in one of those self-loathing moods (accompanied by the sweats, messy hair, 10 hour old makeup, and maybe even slippers) and thought Coldstone would improve things? But...as you walk in, you realize it's a weekend night and thus, date night? Nothing will make you feel like a cliche old married person living in your once party-hopping college town faster....
  • ...but the ice cream will fix it.
  • We need new sheets...but instead of just buying new sheets, I want a whole new sheet/comforter set. Those are expensive.
  • I have a couple kids in my class whose behavior is just exhausting me and I'm feeling at a loss of what to do to help them. Left school this week feeling like a frustrated failure...I even cried. I never cry.
  • Have you ever cried in front of a toddler? Adorable. Will could tell something was wrong, but wasn't sure what to do. So funny. He just kept staring at me with a troubled face. Of course that kicked that lousy mood fast.
  • You know what else kicks lousy moods fast? Dinner with old friends. And Bunco night. And Book Club. Ah, it was a good girls' night week....!
  • I was invited to a friend's book club. I was nervous to meet 8 women I didn't know...and to get to know 2 women better that I already know. I left feeling like I have 10 friends. Isn't it great how women who come from all different areas, backgrounds, families, professions, etc. can all get together and have valuable conversations? Oh, and laugh! And make comments just inappropriate enough that the table next to us was giving us the eye....
  • Um....I think that might be all.
  • Except that it's finally the weekend. Ah.....

5 comments:

  1. I love my book group, too. It's about way more than just the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you came to book club! And liked us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure we could find a comforter to go with that sheet set Lacey was talking about...

    I had fun at Book Club too! :) Kinda nice not to be the only "newbie"

    Will is SO cute, I hope he gets feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! Can you imagine?! Not sure that would quite go with my decor....

    ReplyDelete