Friday, February 18, 2011

Drive-Thru

After a long day at work, we stopped at a local fast food place for a quick dinner. RJ pulled up to the menu and we both looked it over. He asked if I was ready...then HONKED! I was horrified! So embarrassed that my normally mellow husband would be so impatient. They're probably swamped inside and just haven't gotten to us yet...and will totally be spitting in our food now.

When he could tell how shocked I was,
he pointed to the top of the menu....










And..check out that fine spelling of avocado. Who doesn't spell check drafts before having a giant sign made?! (OK now I'm second guessing myself...can avocado/avacado be spelled two ways? Wait, my spell check just gave it a fancy red underline...).



Why yes, I do work at a restaurant that recently put a coupon
in a mailer to all of Cache Valley for a "free desert or appetizer".

7 comments:

  1. We love La Beau's!! Their milkshakes are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, they ARE spelling it how it sounds in Utah...(I kid!)

    And how did I not know they had drive through? I feel lame, now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And by "through" I TOTALLY mean "thru". Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh geez.
    Was it a good place to eat at least

    ReplyDelete
  5. In all of the editing I have ever done for Sonora Grill menus, avocado has been the most misspelled word. I told Steve to tell his new graphic designer if he can't learn how to spell avocado, he's fired.

    I'm trying to recall what the most misspelled word at Cafe Sabor was. . . I do remember desert/dessert being misprinted in the past, as well!

    Back in the day, Steve used to go to LaBeau's, order the Mushroom Burger, and ask them to pour all of the extra grease from the pan on top of the burger. Still completely grosses me out.

    I want to know how many people order the Budget Turkey off of the Budget Menu. It just doesn't sound very appetizing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Avacado/Avocado... Tomato/Tomato!
    Sabor's words could be quesadilla, burrito...?
    Yeah, somehow "Budget Menu" sounds less appealing than "Value Menu". That IS totally gross about the grease on the burger... Although kinda funny, because if he ordered at the drive-thru, I bet the workers pictured a 400 lb guy ordering all the grease in the place...then up pulls tall, skinny Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a free desert? I wonder where? maybe it's full of avacados, you know, the kind of avocado that grows in the desert? I have serious issues with spelling mistakes -- it just bugs.

    ReplyDelete