Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm a terrible person.

So tonight I was parking on campus. The Chi Omega driveway is NOT known for it's massive size. It's t-i-n-y. So....there I was, pulling up as far as I could possibly pull without hitting the car in front of me nor leaving my tires resting on the sidewalk...which would result in a ticket (I've had my fair share of those lovely orange envelopes welcoming me to my car).

I pulled up, turned off my car, set my brake. I heard a small thump-ish sound. I looked behind me, didn't really see anything, thought maybe I dropped something....Got out of my car to go into Chi Omega. Looked again....

Saw a guy walking....I thought, "Did he like hit my car with something or something?" Then I noticed.

He had a long cane.

It was white and red.

He was blind.

And ran into my car. I'm a horrible person and drive way too big of a granny boat car. I'm buying a Smart Car tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. katie, that post made me laugh out loud, then feel bad for laughing! poor guy...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Liz...that's exactly what happened to me! I was laughing as I told my friends...then felt bad for laughing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is so sad! Yet i did have a bit of a chuckle at the visual image, I admit. And yes, I actually do still go to Mame when I can make it work. I'm the same as you- I am only 25 minutes away now but still it's easier and cheaper to do it here sometimes. But I was able to still schedule appts sometimes when I came in from Colorado, which was nice.

    ReplyDelete