Friday, January 16, 2009

Random Thoughts...

So we went roller skating today at school. Let me tell you...that is possibly the best way to spend a Friday morning at 9am (when sleeping isn't an option of course...). Good times.

Here's RJ in his sick wig....It was like 4 feet long of nappy plastic-y hair....

Greg in his disco outfit. He's been student-teaching just across the hall from my room at Ellis, it's been fun...and we now have a total of 4 in the Cox family at Ellis.....

Me trying to shove RJ's rollerblades on as his foot is wedged among the plastic!


The bus driver was very cutesy-voice-ish to the kids and said, "OK, now we're about to come to the railroad tracks...do you know what you do?" The kids immediately put their fingers on a screw and held their feet up. When she got no verbal response, she got back on the speaker..."Yes, we all need to be very quiet when we go across the tracks...." Ha....lady, welcome to my daily life of having to say exactly what you mean.

Then I got this from the seat behind me: "Mrs. Cox...I have three words for your hair...hid-e-ous."

OK....the girl had a point. It was disco themed skating, and I didn't pull together any sort of costume...so I went with braids and very large earrings. Problem is, I can't actually do braids very well. The back part that is supposed to be a nice straight part is all gobbled and messy. I tried to teach R.J. how to braid for my sake (and any future daughters)....that's another post for another day.

Speaking of funny kids....We had an auction yesterday using the slips they earn for good behavior. I stocked up on fun (and pricey) prizes that I thought were super cool. Let me tell you from the collective gasp of horror as I pulled out the High School Musical lip balm and post-it notes that High School Musical is apparently no longer the hot item. This is apparently the new hot item... the FREE USU Alumni calendar I got for free in the mail. 2nd most popular? A fruit roll-up. No no, not a pack of them, just one.

Remind me to stop buying prizes and just save household item and bits of mail for the next auction. Anyone got anything they want to donate? A single sock perhaps? A pencil? Empty cardboard box? Old toothbrush? Only the best for us!

3 comments:

  1. Wait a minute -- how come I didn't get a USU Alumni calendar???

    How come High School Musical is not cool? I haven't even seen them? The girl just got married in the temple I heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sorry we didn't come over. I really wanted to and gave Bevin a hard time. I really want to go to the movie. Call me tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well let me tell you that HSM or not Gwen would have been all over that lip gloss, and I can't believe that the calendar was the tops! Who wants that? Silly kids. Here is a trick that works every time for the kids around here, dum dums, yep the silly little suckers, they are genius!! But I don't know if 3rd graders would go for them?

    ReplyDelete