Sunday, February 1, 2009

I'm crazy....


OK wow...I just woke up and had the weirdest dream that I had to blog about it so I could remember, and also to apparently make people think I'm crazy. But really, what does this mean?!

**Disclaimer: I did take heavy duty cold medicine before bed....

I'm asleep on my parents' couch in Salt Lake. My mom comes and wakes me up frantically saying that someone stole our bird, Ernie. (Ernie was our real bird...like 15 or 20 years ago). She points to the piano (that's not there anymore in real life), where is cage is supposed to be on top.

I look out the window and see my brother Nick's girlfriend-in-my-dream (GIMD....as opposed to his real-life girlfriend who is fabulous and would never steal a bird) with her weird short pixie cut that is orangy-blondeish on top and dark brown on bottom...backing out of our driveway in her BMW. I go outside and see the birdcage, with Ernie, in her backseat. I start yelling for her to stop, but she keeps backing out. I finally grasp the car door handle and open it. I grab her arm and scream, "Why are you stealing our bird?!" She says, "Because I want one." She won't give it back, but finally does.

Then I get all kinds of mean and protective sister like and say, "LISTEN. DO NOT EVER GET NEAR OUR HOUSE AGAIN. DO NOT EVEN SPEAK TO NICK OR LOOK AT HIM." Yikes. I don't think I can yell that loud or that firm in real life. We yell back and forth (no, no catfights here, just yelling).

Finally I'm about to go inside and GIMD says, "Wait. I just have one more question for you..." **Warning, if this wasn't weird enough for you, it gets weirder. She hands me her business card and says, "I usually have 4 cups of coffee in my car. I give one to the guy in my passenger seat and the other 3 to the guys in my backseat. Do you think that's ok?" And I reply, "Lady, if you have 4 guys in your car at once you have bigger problems that just who to give the coffee to..." and storm off in the house to wake Nick up. End of dream.

What the heck?! Dreams are so weird....why would I dream this?! I remembered soon after I woke up that I had taken cold medicine before bed, so that could have plenty to do with it....

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty crazy, girl. My first instinct is to say, maybe your subconscious is trying to tell you something about Nick's girlfriend. It could be that there's maybe something secret about her that you'll find out, or maybe that you really are the protective sister and you just don't want you bro to be taken away.

    The cups of coffee thing: When I was first reading it I thought, math story problem! So maybe that part of it comes from your teaching. Maybe?

    I don't know. I don't want to say anything bad about this girlfriend-in-dream because, dream woman or real, I don't know her. These are just musings on a very strange dream that in all likelihood probably doesn't mean anything except that you should lay off the cold medicine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright I am glad to see that someone out there also has crazy dreams that they remember. I have had some really strange dreams as well and when I tell James he just looks at me and says nothing. The kicker is that I don't even have to take the cold medicine to get them. Maybe I just have a really overactive imagination.

    I love that you and the girlfriend just yelled and yelled at each other. I can't even picture you yelling.

    ReplyDelete