Monday, January 19, 2009

Game Night!


Tonight we had some friends over for dessert and games. It was so fun...we started with Scattergories, and of course gorging on cupcakes, cheesecake, and orange rolls...yum!

Then came Taboo! We played girls versus boys...and things got intense! Unfortunately the boys won...which at my house means that I am stuck doing the dishes for the week...blah. What RJ doesn't know though is that if I don't make dinner, there will be no dishes to wash! That means no cooking and no cleaning...I like this deal....

The game got so intense that distraction was our only way to overcome the winning team. When it was a boy's turn, we would gather around and make noises, poke them, pinch them...anything! Of course it didn't quite work in our favor....but it did earn us the team name so graciously given by the boys... Team Bull****!




Taci as she counts up our points....rough round.

The boys attempt to distract Les as she tries desperately to get her teammates to guess....


Cute Mckenna thought we were all crazy! She slept through most of the fiasco until the competitive screaming and yelling began!

RJ's Taboo game face!


Mckenna all bundled up and ready to go.



Taci showing us that the boys just got NEGATIVE 3! Good round for us!

And the girls distracting Rory begins....

And Mckenna joins in on the distraction fun!

Justin and Mckenna doing their victory dance!

4 comments:

  1. aww... so sad i missed it
    we'll have to make game/dessert night a regular thing
    josh and i are big gamers... and competitive ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like lots of fun. Bevin is so lame. But I quess so am I since I can't wait to watch Bachelor tonight. See ya later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how big Mckenna is. She looks darling. It's fun to see what you're up to :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. game night and treats, now that does sound like fun. I love the Taboo face. Classic.

    I think that you are onto something wonderful with the no cook/ no clean method. Katie you are brilliant. Don't worry I won't tell RJ about the cooking secret.

    ReplyDelete