Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Debut

A little background....I come from a non-LDS family, which I guess isn't the important part of my story...it's more that my family isn't accustomed to saying a blessing before each meal. R.J.'s is...so inevitably, it'd be my turn to say the blessing at Sunday dinner.

Today was that day.

I was feeling inspired after a good day at church, and felt ready for the challenge. I proudly folded my arms....and....said what I thought was a great prayer. As I closed with an accomplished, "Amen!" R.J. said, "Well...that was good, but...you forgot to bless the food!"

Ooops. Guess I wasn't quite ready for my debut. Maybe next week.

8 comments:

  1. I can't believe you said the prayer today and we weren't there. That's probably why you did..cause we weren't there. I promise Bevin will be nice.

    PS Your hair looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha! I think I got away with 32 years of not doing it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw girl -- I want to know what your life has been like since 2005 when we last hung! I'm loving reading your blog and catching up!

    If it makes you feel better, I often forget to bless the food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I'm sure it was great! That sounds like something I would (er, have done) do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, more guts than I have. I just wouldn't do it, ever. Good job girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to tell you something, but not on the blog. Call me:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i was so proud of you katie but i am not doing it next week . . haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too have done that, and I don't think that it was just once. I am a scatter brain and well lets face it having the kids hasn't really helped. I am very impressed at your courage. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete