Saturday, March 6, 2010

Yikes.

So maybe I'm a little...or a lot....dense.
The other day I was playing Scrabble online (I was sick...lots of time on my hands) and put together the word "doing"

...and was surprised when it got points

...because I read it as in it rhymed with boing....picture a spring.... Yikes.

Scare you that I'm a teacher? Me too. It gets worse.

The next day I was watching American Idol and a guy was wearing a shirt that said, "Weapon of Choice". I could not for the life of me figure it out...because I was reading weapon like "weep on"....

Yikes.

1 comment:

  1. Have to comment! I was playing scrabble with my mom years ago and she played mother. I told her that was not a word. Moth-Er. No way. She thought I had lost it. Haha! We all lose it sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete