Sunday, March 14, 2010

Customer Service

So I was in Seagull Book the other day (I go there now...I'm Mormon now, remember? Actually, I was getting my quad scripture set that my parents gave me engraved...and holy cow, mom and dad...you were so generous. Spotted the price on those...whew!)...and there was a sweet older couple in front of me. They were asking if the store had something in stock (never did hear what it was, but did overhear that it was $2.79, so it couldn't have been something TOO huge.)

Anyway, the girl working there checked the store...and every other store in Utah. It was determined that the only store that carried it was in Salt Lake. She asked if they ever went down there...they said no, not often. She then said, "I go down a lot. In fact, I'm going down this weekend and would be happy to pick it up for you." They were so surprised. The man said, "You'd do that?! For us?" They finished their plans and left.

I just thought it was so sweet of her to offer personal pick-up service. Obviously she didn't have to, wouldn't be paid any extra, and was really going out of her way. Especially thinking of the impersonal service that is sometimes given at stores (Brianna if you're reading this...thinking of your UPS Store example!), I was impressed.

3 comments:

  1. It is good to hear that some stores are getting it right since my experiences aren't so great lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me want to do that. How great is that girl!

    ReplyDelete