Sunday, October 11, 2009

LOVE this kid!

I love this kid more than anyone...he is honestly the most kind-hearted, funniest, quirkiest, great kid ever. He's my brother Paul. I think we've always been especially close since he was born 9 years after me...so it was like he had 4 parents almost! We all spoiled him and loved him.

A couple Paul stories....first of all, see that big scab on his chin? I asked him how he got it... "Oh I was doing a flip on my bike." REALLY?! "Well....no....I was biking and texting on my phone and crashed...." yikes.

When he was little he went through this Nelly phase...as in, the rapper! He was obsessed! He had shirts, posters, a bandana, even a pillowcase! Now he's totally a hippie. In fact, won't even spend money on clothes...he'd rather just go to Savers or the D.I and get them there. So frugal...love him.

When he was a toddler he honestly thought his name was "Pa" instead of Paul. So whenever we called him Paul, he'd say, "Not Paul, PA!"

I remember this one time Paul and I drove up to Midway and Park City to hang out and explore. It was such a fun day...just shopping and hanging out. He was always up to do anything with me and we had so much fun when we were younger.

Our family went to Disneyland when he was like 4ish...we got him all excited for the Pirates of the Carribean ride. Went on it, loved it...got off....he said, "Where were all the carrots and beans?"

Among my favorite stories...my mom was doing the laundry and noticed that he had lost a button on a shirt. So, she got out her sewing kit and sewed a new one on. Few days later, same shirt came through the laundry...again, missing the same button. She sewed it back on. Few days later, same shirt, same missing button, same sewing kit to sew it back on. Finally, my mom asked Paul what kept happening to the button. He said, "Oh I've been taking it off." WHAT?! "You bought the thread from Wal-Mart, and I hate Wal-Mart. They wipe out all the small local businesses. I don't want my clothes to have Wal-Mart thread." Of course!

And the latest...so obviously, he's kindof an earthy hippie. He's totally not into high school like my older brother and I were. We went to the games, the dances, etc. He told my mom he wanted to graduate early, she asked, "Don't you want to go to Homecoming?" "Why?" He just isn't into it. So...being not so into high school and all....he doesn't think it's very cool that High School Musical was filmed at his high school. On registration day, my mom took him to school to register. She asked if he wanted to go find his locker..."No, I'll just find it when school starts." So...first day of school....goes to his locker....it's the bright pink on that is Sharpay's in HSM! Of all the people to get that locker...when others would love to have it!

He's an awesome artist...

He's named after my dear grandpa, Paul who died in 1996.

Anyway...LOVE this kid, miss living with him...and so proud of all the work he's done to get where he is. Soon he'll graduate...can't wait to see what he'll do next with his life. It's going to be a good...I just know it.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet tribute to your little bro! I think it's hilarious that he ended up with Sharpay's locker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds like a good egg :) My little sister thought "Caribbean" was "carrots and beans" too! So cute, kids these days... even though your bro is a teenager and mine is about to turn 22!

    ReplyDelete