Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Family Visit










Sunday my family made the trek from Salt Lake to hang out with Baby Will (and us too, I'm sure...haha). Nick, Paul, and Jess hadn't met Will yet so it was fun to see everyone. My mom even wore her Ellis shirt for the occasion!

I'd been craving my mom's pot roast for a few weeks now...so she was nice enough to pack a cooler of ingredients to make it at my house....along with jalapeno pepper poppers for a yummy (but hot!) appetizer, and a yummy caramel pie (that was made by boiling unopened cans of sweetened condensed milk for FOUR HOURS!....weird recipe, great pie).

We hung out, played some Tetris on the Wii, lost Paul....who went to visit a friend at USU and was still missing and not answering the phone over 6 hours later. He finally called and had gone on a hike with friends up the canyon....and got lost...where cell phones don't work. Of course we were really relieved...and finally able to eat!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't family wonderful? Oh and that pie sounds delicious, I'd love the recipe. Cute new photo and blog background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so awesome your family got to meet him... now it's my turn!!! jazz season starts on wednesday? should we have a pizza party and watch it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will is such a cutie! I loved all of those bath time pictures...he makes some great faces! It's crazy to see how much he's changed since he was born. He's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet of your family to come and see you AND bring all the fixings for dinner and dessert. It looks like there is no chance of Will being neglected with all those willing arms to take him.

    I would totally come and hold him while you slept if I were still around there. What a sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete