Friday, March 9, 2012

Random

Here I am, 9 days in, and I can't think of a topic for today....

So....

* Can't wait for Spring Break...April feels so far away, I wish it was in March. It takes forever to get here, then once it does it seems like the end of the school year is so close. I LOVE my job, LOVE my students...but....a whole week...ah!

* Our school had talent show tryouts...one girl in my class didn't make it and it broke my heart. I totally get the idea of "not everyone makes it", and that we all need to learn that life lesson....but it's still so hard to see. I didn't feel like I could say much to make her feel better. "Try again next year....You did your best!....You should be proud!"...it all felt so shallow. So, I just put my arm around her, told her about a time I felt the same way, and told her it might feel crummy for a while...but then it will feel better.

Yep...that's about all. Maybe a better topic tomorrow....Ohhh...I'm working at Sabor tomorrow night, maybe some good customer stories! ;)

3 comments:

  1. I am not on the schedule, but I still fill in when someone needs a shift off. I'll go back this summer too, so I need to keep my name around! Plus...I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can NOT believe Spring Break is rolling around again! It doesn't seem like I've been out of the teaching roll (and DESPERATELY missing the money:) for almost a year.... Man time flies!
    I absolutely HATED it when a student didn't make the talent show (or any event) that they TRULY prepared for and worked so hard for.... It does break your heart...

    ReplyDelete