Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Birthday Fun!

Wow...I'm in awe of what an incredible day I've had! Seriously, birthdays are so great. When I was little, it was all about the gifts. Now, I look forward to hearing from old friends.
A birthday recap...
My day started off right at midnight, when RJ woke up Will and came to wish me a happy birthday. I was fast asleep when they attacked! RJ said Will went right back to sleep... I still can't believe he was willing to take that risk....could have been a disaster!
As I got in my car to go to work this morning, there was a bag of my favorite brownies that my father in law makes. He put the ends (my fave!) in my car so I'd have them all day! Yum!

My students were so excited...really, are there any better people to spend a birthday with?! Yesterday, a boy said, "Teacher, I bet you're excited for your birthday since you get to spend it with us, and we're SO excited!"

As students were trickling in this morning, a student said, "Teacher, I bet everyone's late because they're buying treats for you." ha! I did have so many generous students... embarrassingly, many brought diet coke and Oreos! They know me too well! One brought me girl scout cookies and said, "I brought you cookies because you're ALWAYS eating cookies!



My other fave line was "You're 29?! I thought you were 38!" Awesome.

After lunch, one of students hinted that I should leave the room. I went to the faculty fridge to get the milk for our Oreos and milk party (like the teacher could have a birthday and NOT bring treats?!) I came back to all the lights off and my students sitting in a circle. They yelled, "Surprise!" I acted shocked...and they broke out into song. After singing, they ushered me to my chair which they had moved to the middle of the circle. One girl said, "I like Mrs. Cox because..." Each student then followed with something they like about their totally surprised and appreciative teacher. It was seriously among the sweetest moments of my teaching career. This one student had planned and carried out the whole thing. This girl is like destined to be senior class president...she's a wonderfully generous leader. It was so fun---after I thanked them all, we had our treats, including donuts that a student brought in (another total surprise!).






(love the "key" on this one...!)



This sweet boy made 5 paper airplanes, with a message inside each.


The best part was that they were made out of his multiplication timings!









At recess, they were sneaky and took some paper out to make a card. They had everyone on class sign it. Look at this awesome guy...and see the erased part? "Prity mama"...HAAA!!







My sweet coworker put this cute sign up!



These beaded bracelets must be the cool thing...I got 5! Check out the necklace...it says "Ms Co". The student said, "Sorry, I didn't have an 'x'...So I was going to write 'cool', but I didn't have time."



After school, Will and I decided it was a park day!



We went to dinner with RJ's fam at Sabor...it was yummy and fun, despite Will's royal fit on the way. There was one catch...I should have known better...I heard the clapping and saw the sombrero headed my way. Awkward!



I let RJ enjoy the fun, too..

Will loved the fried ice cream....every time he took a big spoonful, it'd slowly fall...you can see how well it went by the expression on RJ's face in the background.



We got home and enjoyed my ultimate favorite treat...Greg's brownies. They're amazing.


Will helped me open my presents...then kept looking for more, while saying, "Merry Christmas!" and looking where the Christmas tree was...in December!

It was an awesome day, loved every moment!

5 comments:

  1. Perfect, Katie! How wonderful! (I do wonder if you had to take the next day off with a tummy ache...;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, that sounds like a spectacular birthday! and the notes kind of made me a little teary! so very sweet.
    Second, where do I get the recipe for those brownies! they look amazing.
    Glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome! I'm glad you had such a good birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Katie. What an awesome birthday. I LOVE the erased Prity Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome birthday!! Still sad we weren't there o celebrate with you but... We have next weekend that'll *kind of* make up for it!

    ReplyDelete