Friday, August 14, 2009

I'm THAT girl...

...who cries at work!

It was my last night at Sabor (for this summer at least)...no, no, that's not why I cried...

I was running some ceviche out to someone else's table, took a left turn into the room...which of course was PACKED...a busy Friday night. And slipped. Hard. Not like a graceful, I-almost-fell-but-caught-myself-and-noone-noticed. Oh no.

Full on sprawl across the floor. Ceviche splattered across the room, chips everywhere. Dishes shattered. Customers gasping...then dead silence. Followed by me laughing and saying, "Watch out...it's slippery right there!" You know, trying to lighten the mood after the prego fell. Awkward.

Luckily a sweet busser who is among my favorite people ever was there to help me up and make it not SO awkward. I laughed it off....then walked into the kitchen and just started crying! I'm SO not a crier...but it just wouldn't stop! So I was doing the half-laugh, half-cry. All the cooks were so cute, so awkward and not knowing how to handle it! One kept saying, "Katie, mucho be careful!" while fanning my face with a hot pad. One server offered to take a tip jar around the scene of "the incident" and collect for "the girl who just fell"...I could have made some serious money!

Anyway...totally embarrassing, but good times!

3 comments:

  1. Seriously Katie, your blog cracks me up! I'm sitting at work hysterically laughing and worried and sad all at once from all of your recent posts. You should write books, no joke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you were okay! It's scary to fall when you're pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha okay this would be totally hilarious if you weren't preggo!!! but i still couldn't surpress a few chuckles!

    ReplyDelete