Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hospital Visit!

Whew...the first week of school is over! And I am exhausted...in a good way! This being 8 months prego is tiring...and with having ten more students than last year, even more tiring.

SO....I had the most eventful first day of teaching in my four years! Woke up at 5, ready to go. RJ and I have a tradition of going to breakfast the first day of each school year, so to IHOP we went. It was a bust...neither of the menu items we wanted, grouchy server...oh well, still fun. On my way to school he texted me to check under my seat and to check my email. This is what I found...a "First Week Kit":


He had emailed me an explanation of each item...medicine for my new prego symptom: acid reflux, money for a diet coke each day, baby socks, my fave candy bar, and a few other treats. So sweet. It's definitely weird to be at school without RJ this year (he's staying at home to finish school and take care of the baby).


The day went well...fun group of kids! Until about 4 when I started feeling sick. I figured I just needed to eat and I'd feel better. Got home and had a piece of toast...which did not go well! I got SO sick and could not stop throwing up. It hurt so bad, and I was so dizzy, had chills then a fever, etc. Ugh...so gross! ThenI started having some contractions. We called the doctor and went to the hospital. They got me on IV fluids and medication, monitored the baby's heartbeat and contractions. I felt better in a few hours and came home. It was a scary night....but all is well! I had to miss the second day of school...I felt SO bad! But my principal is great and called in a good sub and all went well. I took my class donuts and chocolate milk the next day to make up for it.

So...now that baby and I are bug-free and school is coming along, all is well! RJ is so sweet, he took such good care of me. He went to the store to get my prescription and called to check what kind of saltines I like best...Who does that?! He's so thoughtful to even know that there are different kinds, and that I prefer one over the other. Ha...which reminds me, in the hospital when the nurse was looking for my vein...she said, "Wow, your vessels are really weak!" RJ, being the wise-cracker that he is, said, "I've been telling her to go to the gym." The poor nurse got a stunned look and said, "Oh no....I just meant because she's dehydrated...." ha....poor lady probably that I had such a jerk for a husband, making me go to the gym 8 months prego and so sick.

Anyway...been an adventure this week....only 50ish more days to go!


7 comments:

  1. Oh I feel so bad for you. I am glad that things are good though:) I visited the hospital EARLY with all three of mine. Sucks! RJ is sweet:) Tell him I said hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That sucks! I'm glad you're okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary! But I'm glad that you and the baby are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a crazy first day Katie. I am so sorry that you had such a whirlwind, but I am so GLAD that you are doing better and everything is okay. Good luck dear... hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. woah!! It makes me happy that I'm not pregnant right now. The first few weeks are pretty crazy anyway! How many kids do you have? I had 31 at one point but then one dropped out. It was pretty nuts for a while though. 31 kindergarteners--ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sucks that you have the acid reflux now:( And that you went to the hospital. So much for me to look forward to and you are almost done! Can't wait for the end of Sept!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is the way to start off the school year. One wild day for sure. I am glad that RJ takes such good care of you, I think that James wouldn't even know that there was such a thing as a different taste in saltines.

    You are so cute, and I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. On with the school year, and let the countdown begin.

    ReplyDelete