Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sweet Baby Heartbeat!

Oh wow....so we just got home from our first doctor appointment! I was for some reason weirdly nervous on the way. I think I was worried the doctor would say, "Baby? What baby?" and there would be a huge mistake in thinking I was pregnant! Luckily, there sure is a "baby blob" as our doctor called it! It really is a "blob", but we could make out the head. The best part was hearing the heartbeat...it's just SO surreal. It's like it finally clicks that there IS a baby in there, and that it's all real! I know you moms out there can relate. Anyway....amazing experience, and I'm sure only the first of many!

9 comments:

  1. How exciting! This is such a special time for you both--I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Katie, that is just so fun! I'm glad you're writing these great moments down because although sometimes pregnancy seems endless, pretty soon, you'll be at the end like me and will want to always remember that excited, butterflies feeling you had!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally missed last Wed. big announcement. Congrat's!!! Isn't it the coolest sound ever to hear the heartbeat (okay, and a little relieving too). I am so excited for you, you're going to be the cutest mom! You will have to post belly pictures soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wait until you can feel her(or him0, that is the only thing I miss about being pregnant:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I am so excited for you! You really do forget too fast all those amazing little things. Stop making me baby hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo-hoo!!!! Glad things are looking good in the cooking a baby department! Can't wait until he/she is done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh oh, Katie, Jordan was reading Blogs yesterday and saw your blog - she knows...I don't think she got the picture with the bun in the oven so you were safe for awhile, but now that you've shared about the baby's heart beat she knows! Sorry! I told her not to say anything to the class, but she's 8 and not very good with secrets! I guess its time...!

    She is so EXCITED for you!! Its all she talked about yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy for you guys! That first ultrasound is so amazing and the 20 week gets even better! When are you due? How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete