Friday, March 20, 2009

Sidenote....

Ok it has come to my attention that I forgot to mention the second best part of my doctor appointment....the first being the heartbeat of our little sweet "blob". The second....

The nurse: "So, is this your first child?"

Me: "Yes! We're so excited!"

My dear husband: "Hum....I think this is my first...."

Weird awkward look before I jumped in with, "He's kidding!" His jokes and quips to strangers could probably be funnier if I wasn't so embarrassed and didn't feel the need to always quickly jump in with, "He's kidding!" Ha....oh well, the doc's office may think we're floozies, but hopefully they at least think we're funny floozies!

3 comments:

  1. I do that when I feel nervous or awkward- I just blurt out inappropriate jokes. John looooves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to this all too well!! Just be prepared for all of the embarrassing coments and jokes to keep on coming for the next 7 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of the girls that was doing an ultrasound for me when I was pregnant with Harrison was a total stick in the mud, and I was feeling so excited and good and then we had that appointment and I tried to kid around with her and I had the same awkward feeling and response to the joking. Honestly some people at the doctors office.

    ReplyDelete