Monday, March 23, 2009

Big Day!

A very exciting day in 3rd grade! I announced to my class that I was having a baby! First I gave them all baby carrots. Then we read the book My Teacher's Having a Baby. At the end I said, "Why do you think we'd eat baby carrots and I'd read you this book?" They all looked at each other, confused. Finally one little gal goes, "Are you having a baby?!" And I nodded....and the questions began!

"But you're not even big yet!" Oh...but I feel it and I will be very soon!

"Is it a boy or a girl?"

"When will it be here?!" The answer of Halloween sounded so far away!

And the best one....

"Does Mr. Cox know yet?!"

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like lots of fun! I especially like the one about Mr. Cox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it was fun telling them! I can't wait to hear what they say when you are showing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah that is a good idea, you better tell Mr. Cox. maybe that is why he made the comment in the doctors office, the last time he was a dad nobody told him. Just kidding and I am not saying that RJ is scandalous or anything like that.

    Your class sounds like so much fun, and what a great way to tell them that you are going to have a baby. I can't wait to hear the ideas that they will have for you to dress up as for Halloween. I have a feeling it is going to be good.

    ReplyDelete