Saturday, March 28, 2009

A fun weekend!

My birthday was Saturday, and it was so fun! To start it off two wonderful moms of students in my class had a surprise party for me on Friday!


A few weeks ago, Mrs. Coppin asked if she could do a "spring activity" with the class and asked if March 27 would work ok. It didn't even occur to me to ask what she was doing, because she always does fun things (like in the fall she came in and made caramel apples with the kids!).

So on Friday, in she comes with a giant bag. She asked the kids what holidays we celebrate in March....they started naming St. Patrick's Day, the start of spring, etc. We were out of options! Then she turned to me and asked if I could think of any holidays. I, totally being dumb and goofy said, "Well....it is my birthday tomorrow, we could celebrate that...." Totally joking! I was actually kind of embarrassed that there was a holiday that was obviously big enough to celebrate, but that none of us could think of! She said, "Yeah! We're going to have a surprise party!" Honestly, I thought she was trying to humor me and thought, "No No, we don't have to celebrate! Let's do your regular activity!"

But before I could say a thing....out came the cake, the cookies, the popcorn, the gift, the cards, the candy! It was so overwhelming! I was SO surprised! Each kid had already made a card for me (in RJ's class earlier this week, organized by fabulous Denise...and Denise, I SO would have posted a pic of you here, but I don't have any not involving beehives! Jordan says you hate to get your picture taken!) The cards were so sweet....diet coke cakes, oreos...and one said, "I hope your birthday is sweeter than oreos!" haha, they know me so well! It was so nice of Mrs. Coppin and Denise to organize such a fun party....we all had a great time! I have some wonderful pictures, but alas, they all have cute kids in them, and well....can't exactly post pics of the kiddos online! Use your imagination....delicious cake, cute and yummy cookies, bright fun cards, lots of smiles and laughing...maybe even some bunny ears and tongues sticking out.

Then....My parents happened to be in town and we went to dinner...fun!

And today....sweet RJ surprised me with Starbucks in bed. He says it's the one and only time he'll buy it for me!

Today we celebrated with a movie (I Love You Man...pretty funny) and dinner, then the Jazz game (yikes....good game). Anyway....it was a fabulous birthday and I'm always in awe of all the fun and kind friends and family on my birthday! It's always so fun!

Tomorrow we're going to RJ's parents' house for dinner...my dinner of choice: homemade chicken noodle soup (seriously, it's divine!) and RJ's dad's caramel brownies (again, divine, I could eat a whole pan). They are so sweet to ask what I'd like for my birthday meal!

Now I'm birthday rambling....but I guess now that I'm getting so old I can do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment