Saturday, February 14, 2009

How is it even possible...

That my husband is THAT creative and cool?! Let me just tell you about my fabulous Valentine's Day....We take turns planning each year, and this year was his.

I woke up this morning to a dozen red roses, a very sweet card (I'd rather have a genuine handwritten card over any gift, any day), and a bowl of one of my favorite candies....cinnamon hearts.
This afternoon we went out to lunch with Sara and Bevin to Coppermill. It was yummy and fun....and Sara is way better at bringing her camera, so I'll post a pic from her later!


Then this afternoon I did some shopping while RJ had "some things to do..." Any Saturday spent shopping is just fine with me!

We went with RJ's family to see Slumdog Millionaire....I liked it, thought it was a great story...but may have snuck in a text to ChaCha midmovie to check on the running time because I felt like I had been watching the movie for six hours....Liked Gran Tarino better, but overall liked them both.

Then....the best part of the night. Rj said I needed to be gone for an hour. More shopping....Soon I got this text: "Dear Mrs. Cox, you have been selected to receive a nights stay at The Comfort House. We hope you enjoy your stay!" That was my cue to come home.I pulled up there was a welcome brochure on the door with the night's agenda. I was then whisked up the stairs for a hot bubble bath. He even had candles lit, music playing, and magazines to read for me! While I relaxed, he cooked a fabulous dinner! He had set out cozy pajamas for me....my Star Wars tshirt (thanks Amy!), and sweatpants....he knows me so well. I was then led down the stairs to "The Dining Room" (yes, there was even a sign) for a great dinner. There was a menu and all! The menu was....a fresh fruit cup, an italian salad, filet mignon, beans, and a baked potato, and fresh chocolate covered strawberries for dessert!
Sorry for the pic of half eaten food... but seriously friends, this meal was well-deserving of a picture...
Then....I was led upstairs to "The Massage Room" for a fabulous back massage, with music and a "fire" on the laptop! Overall, it was such a great day! I'll admit...I cried! I'm a wimp and was in my bubble bath reading a sad story in Glamour magazine....Has anyone read that?! It's about a guy who had a stroke and his wife taking care of him...whew, a real tear-jerker. Anyway, so I was reading it and thinking of how thoughtful RJ is. It was just one of those overcome with emotion moments. Cheesy, I know. But here's why....I got reminiscing and thinking of how I never would have guessed that I'd have a husband so giving, generous, and creative...ever. I got thinking about our last two Valentine's Day celebrations and how great each one was. But three years ago...I was in Texas, still semi-with my boyfriend at the time. If anyone has read He's Just Not That Into You....I was possibly the poster child for that. I had sent a super cool VDay package to my boyfriend and pathetically waited for some kind of recognition that it was even successfully delivered...let alone well-received (there was a $50 Best Buy card for goodness sake....who isn't grateful for that?!) Days later I finally called him...he mentioned nothing until I asked if he received the package.... "Oh, yeah, thanks." Hello....red flag....He's just not that into you....move on...and find the super cool guy that you actually mesh well with.

Anyway...long rant short....I had a moment of incredible thankfulness for my life as it is now from where it was, hope for everything that is ahead, and complete awe for the gratitude I am in for my husband. He planned the most perfect and fun day and I'm grateful that he's here with me everyday, staying at The Comfort House or not!
Not only is he continually great to me...but it's the little things....like that he took the bacon off my filet mignon for me because he knows I hate it...and that he had a BIG diet coke in a wine glass for me, because he knows I'd rather sip a sophisticated glass of diet coke than sparking cider....So again...glad I found him, convinced him he liked me, and that we are stuck together forever!

9 comments:

  1. I think that RJ wins the Greatest Husband Award. How sweet is he!? But sweetie you are very deserving of him and I'm sure he's wondering how he got so lucky with you. Glad that you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great day. Glad you enjoyed your evening. My highlight was Real Deals and a homemade present from Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Your hubs is adorable!! Keep him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet husband, I'm glad your Valentines Day was a sweet one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute hubby you have! he's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet guy you have! :) And Yeah for blogs. Glad you found mine! We will definitely be blogging buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, this is Jess, Jeff Thomson's wife. I've been reading your blog and I do have so say that is a dang cute Valentines! Nice to know your being treated right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are totally the winner of the day. I have read and talked to a lot of people about their big V-day plans and romancing, and you and RJ are the cutest. How sweet that he made it an adventure the entire day!! And remembered all the little things like cinnamon hearts, no bacon, and of course Diet Coke. That makes me want to cry especially because you are so thankful for him. I am sure that he is feeling the same thing for you. I think that you are one lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you sure you're married to MY brother?! :-) You definitely bring out the best in him.

    ReplyDelete