Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ellis Rocks!


This year, Ellis Elementary won the "Title 1 Distinguished School" award for closing the achievement gap! This means that despite rising lower-income and second language learner populations, our scores are still rising. Tomorrow I get to head to San Antonio with a really fun group of teachers and our principal to attend a Title 1 conference! It should be filled with great info and insight....plus warm weather!

P.S. I saw this cool poster outside our school on the fence and told RJ about it....little did I know he was the one who designed it!

4 comments:

  1. It's true! Ellis really does Rock! Couldn't imagine being anywhere else. I'm excited for your trip. You guys are gonna have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have picked the perfect time to visit Texas, On Wednesday we were at a blessed 80 degrees. You can't beat that!! I hope that you have a good time in San Antonio. Think how light your luggage is going to be with no snow gear.

    I wish that I would have read this sooner, we could have driven down to try to see you. Maybe if you are staying for the weekend you could let me know. Here is my email
    lonna@mw3design.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellis does rock. I love going there and talking to your students. No matter what their reading level, they are always enthusiastic and tell me good stories. Thank you for letting me be a part of your class.

    ReplyDelete