Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Never Been in an Accident...Yet....



My mom:
"Ohhh...that looks like a good restaurant, want to go there?"


Me:
"Yeah! Let me just flip around..."


I U-turn....

Mom:
"Good thing you can see the driveway and know where to go..."


Me:
"You know what's weird? I really think my eyes are getting old or something. I have been having a hard time seeing at night...but they're fine other times...like maybe I shouldn't drive at night anymore..."


Mom:
"Really? I'm sure it's fine....Wait...YOU'RE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE STREET!"


Mom: "Wait, no you're not....there's the median...oh but wait, yeah, you're supposed to be on the other side of it..."

I'm calling the eye doctor....

P.S. (Haven't exactly told RJ this story...This is a good way to see if he reads "our" blog...if so, I'll be calling you all for rides soon...)

5 comments:

  1. That is my worst nightmare! Btw- I also am having trouble seeing at night these days, so we may be riding the bus together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I love it...I can totally hear you and your cute mom having this conversation. It was wonderful talking to you the other night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate to your story. Before I got my glasses I was really horrible at driving at night especially in places that weren't familiar. It turns out that I have an estigmatism (?). I didn't notice it so much in the day until I got glasses and then I realized all of the fine details that I wasn't seeing before. I'm not a doctor or anything but maybe it's something like that. I never had been to the eye doctor before until a few months ago and at the office they were all shocked. Apparently you should go even when you don't notice a problem. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've all done it once or twice :) Has RJ read this or mentioned it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really funny that the entire incident happened with your mom and RJ doesn't even know. I think that he might want a little heads up if you are going to be the one driving at night.

    I think that I may need to plan a little trip to the eye doctor as well.

    ReplyDelete