Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Graph It!


Since my class has just started learning about graphs in math, I was reminded of this cute story!

A couple days after RJ and I got engaged, we were in class when a student raised his hand VERY excitedly...

Student: "Teacher! I have a really good idea!"

Me: "Ok....what is it?"

Him: "Let's make a graph!"

Me (thinking we've already graphed the super bowl outcome, the groundhog day outcome....): "Ok...what do you want to graph?"

Him: "What it's going to be!"

Me: "What what's going to be?"

Him: "You know, if it's going to be a boy or a girl!"

Me: "If what's going to be a boy or a girl?!"

Him: "Your baby!"

Me: "Oh no! Mr. Cox and I are getting married, we're not going to have a baby!"

HA! And the rumors began....and RJ's mom works at our school, so the rumor that his son and soon-to-be daughter in law are prego!? Not quite the image we're going for here....

1 comment:

  1. Did it get around to his mom? That is really funny. I think that you will have to bust out the graphs again if you do decide to have a baby.

    your classes crack me up.

    ReplyDelete