Sunday, December 7, 2008

I'm a terrible wife....

So...it all started yesterday...I came home from school and RJ did a nonchalant point to our quaint little Christmas tree...under which was SEVEN beautifully wrapped (ok, he had a little help with that...thanks Sara!) presents for ME! Woo-hoo! Here comes the sad part...I don't have EVEN ONE under the tree for him yet!

Next....we went out to dinner with some friends and went to Bevin and Sara's after to watch the Jazz game. Sara and I decided to go get a treat and leave the boys to watch the game for a minute. We went picked our Ben and Jerry's flavors (no tears this time). She got one for Bevin too. As we pulled up to her house I had the terrible thought...I forgot to buy RJ anything! I thought maybe he would just share mine. He was the first one to open the grocery bag and say, "What'd you get for me?" Sad! I didn't realize how selfish I am! Apparently a love of ice cream overrides vows to honor and cherish...

It gets worse.


I woke up while RJ was still asleep this morning. I decided to head to Starbucks and do some lesson planning. When I got home RJ had cleaned the whole house.

I owe him so big...I think I'd better start off with some Christmas shopping....

1 comment: