Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Own Economic Stimulus

We're on Spring Break right now for the rest of the week....and I've made a big decision around here. I'm not going to spend A PENNY. For the rest of the week. I want to force myself to have fun and get things done without spending money. And we have a pantry FULL of random food items that we could seriously get rid of rather than buying MORE at the grocery store!

What I want to do over Spring Break.....
Go to Hawaii (or somewhere equally as warm)
Shop for fun maternity stuff
Shop for fun baby stuff
Be crafty...
Make a wreath
Make baby stuff
Make cute frames
Make the cute boxes on tv today
Buy new cute socks (I need them!)
Paint my bathroom (I even have the colors picked out!)
Buy/put up the bead board for our sweet baby room

Please notice all the things above cost MONEY...thus...

What I actually will do over Spring Break....
Read (all three books I've started)
Laundry
School stuff
Sleep...a lot, while I can
Watch movies
Take the dog for walks while it's semi-warm
Blog/Facebook (addicting and free...bonus!)
Attempt to not run up my credit card
Make long, boring lists on my blog (check!)

We'll see how this goes....

2 comments:

  1. I like your plan. I made a list of things to do today and I don't think I have gotten one thing done. Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea to let the credit cards have a rest, sometimes I think that I am going to try that and for some reason it never works.

    good luck with your break. I hope that you get a lot of rest.

    ReplyDelete