Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fun Weekend

I have to add, from 3 weeks ago, that my "Economic Stimulus" went well. Only spent a few cents (which I found in my car!) on penny candy. What can I say, I'm pregnant and find it necessary to succomb to such cravings.

In other news...
I went to Salt Lake last weekend for a SO MUCH FUN weekend....it all started off with a Chi Omega Alumnae Luncheon. So good to see everyone. It's been years since I've seen most of them, many came from out of state, even out of the country (yay Suker!). It was an amazing program...Patty did a fabulous job. There were about 150 of us there of all ages.

Next, my mom and I spent the day at IKEA. It was so fun...I got a cute new patio set and some baby-sized dishes. It was tough for us to not go crazy in the baby section. I found a lot of crib bedding, room decor that I like. Now I'll just need to wait to see if it's a boy or girl (40 more days!) before I go on my next shopping spree.

A few days before I went home, I got a message... "Hi Kate, it's Mom. I just got a phone call from the Easter Bunny. He said he forgot a few people last weekend, and will be making a few stops this weekend. He'll be able to fill your basket on Friday night, so make sure you stop by to get it." Side note...I was telling my friend at school about this message, when I realized a few students were around. I can just hear it now, "Mom! My teacher said that the Easter Bunny is coming again!" Ooops. When I got home, this is what I found....

On Sunday, I went to Brianna's wedding shower. It was a time shower, and so fun to get together!

Later that day my family had their monthly dinner. We met at The Spaghetti Factory (YUM) and it was so fun...

All in all, it was such a fun weekend! It's always so refreshing to go to Salt Lake...it is "home" after all.

2 comments:

  1. It was so good to see you! I miss you already and can't wait to see you again in December (and meet Baby Boy Cox or Baby Girl Cox).

    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really one packed weekend, with treats, gifts, and lots of friends, how fun for you.

    I am sure that there must have been at least one student that asked for something else from the Easter bunny for the second go round. How funny.

    What a cute mom you have. I think that your baby is going to LOVE grandma for sure. Only 40 more days!

    ReplyDelete