Friday, April 24, 2009

A good cry and some venting...

Ha...what a depressing title! I just watched Marley and Me...ok, well, I actually just finished it...I've been "finishing" it since Monday! That's what happens when one is pregnant and sick...every time I started the movie I'd soon fall asleep and my sweet husband would have to come in and turn it off. Anyway...I'm not a crier, some may call me insensitive, some may try to force me to cry (Denise!)...but whew, things about kids and animals just GET me! Anyway...great movie, even better book.

Here's the venting part...I'm sick of being sick! UGH.

Enough complaining, because I happen to have a cousin who is on bedrest for FOUR MONTHS. She can get up to use the bathroom and for a quick shower. And the worst part? She feels fine. Poor thing...that's a prescription for a serious case of cabin fever! I could have it A LOT worse!

Anyway...in better news...maybe I'm the last to know about this but my friend (and former bagel boss...best ever!) Kelly told me about the JJ Cole warehouse sale in Logan. It was SO COOL! We got some awesome deals....a diaper bag (that is so neutral and cool that even RJ said he'd use it!), a Bundle Me, and some car seat goodies...all for $50. The bag alone was normally $69.95! Anyway...would HIGHLY recommend it....great quality stuff, great deals. It's been fun to get some good baby stuff on a budget, and we've become very good at getting gender-neutral stuff so we can use it all for future children (If I ever decide to have future children after this morning sickness goes away!)

5 comments:

  1. Where is this JJ Cole wharehouse in Logan? I got a Bundle Me as a shower gift for Jayla and absolutely loved it but never bought one with Blake because they are on the expensive side and I couldn't justify it. For my next child in the future I would love to take a trip to that store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the ad for that sale hanging on my fridge and it's totally calling my name. I am trying to have self control because I already have everything I need from the first baby, I don't know though....it sounds like I may need to go check it out tommorow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's in Logan Kristin...in this weird little warehouse and everything is in boxes. But, great deals, and I LOVE everything I got...it was stuff I wanted to get anyway, but wouldn't have been able to justify the expense either!

    Melissa--it might already have everything you have! I just don't have a thing, so I was able to get plenty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, I know morning sickness is the worst I was so sick and throwing up for 5 months. However one of my doctors told me to take B6 vitamin and a 1/2 of unisom every night and I have to tell you, it really really takes the edge off. Try it for a few nights and I promise it helps. Also take you prenatal vitamins at night. They are notorious for making you feel worse. Let me know how it goes. Remember the sicker you are the healthier your baby is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. I hope you feel better soon!

    We have a BundleMe and we love it! Way to score a great deal!

    ReplyDelete