Monday, July 4, 2011

Move

It seems like old news now...but we've moved! It was a quick decision, and a quick move...which made me feel like I was skipping town. RJ and I both were thinking we needed to make a change to get where we want to be....talked about it, talked to his parents, and made the decision. We're kind of the type of people that once we decide something, we just do it.

We have moved into RJ's wonderful parents' house for at least a year. We still own our home, but are renting it out. It's a money-saving venture....Although I love, love, love teaching, my ultimate goal is to be home raising my family. (No, I'm not pregnant and have been asked that so much lately!) We knew that we were not headed in that direction where we were. So, short-term sacrifices for long-term goals is our new motto.

We are so very grateful for the opportunity we have. I look in Will's eyes and I truly feel like we are doing what is right for our family...for him and for any future children. We are so thankful to Greg and Daryla for giving us this opportunity. They have wholeheartedly opened their home to us. People keep asking me, "Is it hard to live with your in-laws?" and I think, "Hard for me?! They're the ones that just had a whole other family, including a busy toddler, move in with them!" They are so generous and kind, and have been nothing but welcoming. What a wonderful family I was able to marry into.

In other wonderful news, RJ got a job! YAYYYYYY! He got his dream job- teaching fourth grade at Bridger Elementary. He student taught in the same school, same grade level. He collaborates well with the team, as well as the principal. He's thrilled, as am I. We were hoping, praying, crossing our fingers for a job locally. Wyoming and Montana were in the works....and I was about to order heavy duty sedatives for myself if that happened. I will never forget the morning we were woken by RJ's phone ringing and the principal's name on the screen. He was offered the job. It was 8:15 A.M. We were in his new classroom organizing by 9:00 A.M.!

It's bound to be an exciting year, full of changes. We're optimistic about the future for our small family.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations!! Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Congratulations to RJ! And to you. That had to be the biggest relief! I'm just so happy for you guys! I'm glad the move is working out too. Your in-laws are great!:) But I don't think you guys would be hard to get along with either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS, RJ! that's really terrific. Good for him.

    ReplyDelete