Friday, July 15, 2011

Lemonade Stands

I've blogged many times about my love for my daily calendar...I'd link to said posts, but you know, that whole tagging thing. Ha, I could link to the post about tagging...if I had tagged it!

Anyway...

Two days ago, I saw some boys set up a lemonade stand on the corner. Will and I headed over. The entrepreneur was helping another customer, an older lady who had pulled over. She said, "You know, you have to support the local businesses!" and thanked the boy for "being such a nice salesman". He proudly served her lemonade and turned to greet us. He was very polite.

As he poured our lemonade, the walkie talkie on his hip buzzed. I asked him about it. "Oh, my friend is down on the corner (of the busier turn off street), he lets me know when cars are coming so I can get the sign ready." Efficient!

He shoved my dollar bill into a cup overflowing with coins and bills. I asked how business was. "Pretty good! We've made over $25 and we've only been out here for two hours!" Whew.... I might just be their competition on the opposite corner!

So, yesterday, I chuckled when I tore off my daily calendar:







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. That's just an all around awesome post. I love that they were watching for cars. (wait...were they wearing shape ups? that would be ultimately efficient of them...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaaa! No shape-ups...but bikes!

    ReplyDelete