Monday, March 7, 2011

Confession....

Do many of you online shop?

I totally love the convenience and options. But...the wait for my new shoes to get here is killing me! Free shipping is awesome...but I just want those shoes.

And here's where I confess about the other shoes that I'm not in such a hurry for. See, if I was ordering new, fun shoes, I might as well order new work (Sabor) shoes. See, I keep thinking, "This will be my last semester working at Sabor..." And, well, here I am 6 years later.

I started there with a cheap pair of Airwalk-fake-Crocs from Payless. They lasted a l-o-n-g time, many many shifts. Oooooh- but I do think they could be to blame for THE fall. They were cute (as cute as Crocs, make that fake Crocs, can be)--especially once my former manager's daughter gave me a cute flower to put on them (do you remember that Emily? I still have it...it's adorable, even if it is covered in caked-on beans). Then...I was at Wal-Mart one day and they had fake Crocs on clearance...ONE DOLLAR. Plus, they were fleece-lined (kinda ew, I know). Who couldn't resist new work shoes for one dollar. Not this girl.

But, alas, both work shoes are worn out. Time to order new ones. If I'm going to sell those burritos, I need good shoes. Especially for this summer...that patio is far!

So...I looked and looked. Problem is, anything cute is...cute. Not efficient for work. My feet will hurt, I'll probably fall (again), and I can't clean them easily enough. So...I cracked and ordered some Crocs...real ones! I know they're not super cute (have you seen toddler ones though...cute!)....but you guys, I can hose those things right off! The beans and guac will be gone!



P.S. Denise, will you still be my friend?

7 comments:

  1. I love crocs! Remember carter's orange ones, he wanted to wear them all winter:). And avery's pink ones that fit her for about a month! They have them on sale sometimes at 6pm.com. You should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can never underestimate the power of comfortable shoes in the food business. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried Keens? Totally not ugly and SUPER comfy. Love them. And I second 6pm.com - my credit card also loves them. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am laughing so hard right now. Maybe this will make Denise forget that I came in today for Community Council wearing worn out, paint covered shoes, a too-tight old navy t shirt and an ugly black zip-up hoodie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I remember. There aren't any holes in your new Crocs for any Jibbitz! Is that what they're still called? I guess no holes means no salsa will spill through either though.

    I think you might really like Keens. They aren't spray-off-with-a-hose shoes, but I have three or four pairs of them and love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes-- LOVE Keens. I have a brown pair that I love. Although sometimes I feel like I should go on a hike while wearing them! I would love a black pair for work....but then I'd be too worried to wear them I think! As soon as a dallop of guac splattered on them, I'd be upset.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh- love 6pm.com, and also endless.com!

    ReplyDelete