Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sick Day

Woke up yesterday with a scratchy throat and that, "Ew, I'm feeling yucky and can definitely feel a cold coming on..." feeling. After school, it hit full force. So, I planned for a sub and looked forward to sleeping the yuckiness off.

Best sick day ever. Well, you know, as good as a sick day can get. I went to bed at 9 last night and slept until noon today! Whew, it was needed.

When I woke up, RJ had to run an errand. Let me tell you why he is the best husband ever. He came home with my fave tomato soup and breadsticks from Center Street Grill (if you haven't tried their soup, you must. Amazing.), sugar cookies from Temptation Cupcake (Again, amazing.), AND a Diet Coke. Not only is this the best meal ever, filled with all my favorite things, but the thoughtfulness...awww. I would so rather RJ do something kind like that than send flowers. I mean, flowers are fun to get and all, but....really, they're expensive, pretty for like 2 days, and a fairly easy go-to to look thoughtful. Instead, I so appreciate that he knows what I like and can show his love that way. It'd be easier to jump online and order some quick flowers...but to think about the things I love, then take the time to go to those places and surprise me with them....thoughtful.

2 comments: