Monday, March 14, 2011

"Unforgettable Season"

Ha, aren't all Bachelor/Bachelorette Seasons the "most dramatic ever"?! I've got my Reese's eggs in tow, ready for the finale!

Prediction: He'll pick Chantal. Emily's TOO good for him; she's gorgeous, she's established, she's very proper.

  • Whoa, manpris on Brad
  • Classic rail scene
  • He cried when his family got there...cute.
  • Wow, he's crying hard!
  • But his family looks kinda weirded out about all the crying
  • And another rail scene
  • His brother is his twin!
  • Ooohhh...mom wears leopard print. I think she'd like Chantal.
  • ha, didn't realize that his bro Chad is actually his twin...
  • I'm curious what the story is with Chantal's first marriage...
  • I like her thoughts on if you're ready to be engaged, you're ready to be married
  • Do brothers really have these heart to hearts on the beach? I hope so. Charming.
  • Do you think Brad's real dad watches? Wants to contact him?
  • His mom likes her.
  • Chantal's playful with him...and he seems to be into it.
  • Hello linen, Brad!
  • Ohhhh...flowers Emily, nice touch! Did Chantal bring anything?
  • Emily and the SIL have the same hair color.
  • The daughter comes up already
  • Is Emily wearing shorts?
  • Ricky's father topic = awkwardness
  • Saddest story.
  • The family talk from the brothers...heart to heart on the beach time.
  • They're 38?! How did I not know this? Probably because they look so good?
  • Emily's talk with Brad's mom...so sweet.
  • Wow, Emily really is so pretty.
  • "Emily is poised"....perfect word for her
  • AND...a rail scene...again!
  • Wow, South Africa is sooooo pretty
  • Maybe I'm just jealous that I can't pull the look off, but Chantal...those shorts. Yikes. Too short.
  • ha, Brad's pep talk...Chantal's not convinced
  • Um...Chantal's about to fall out of that wetsuit. Can it zip up?
  • Yikes....sharks! Not convinced that the shark cage is safe....
  • Her outfits are so weird
  • This really would be so stressful....it's hard enough to think about what the other person's thinking in a relationship...let alone when you know they're "dating" someone else too...
  • I don't really love Chantal, but I think he does...
  • Oh good, finally a helicopter. What would the dates be like without helicopters?!
  • It bugs me how much he keeps talking about how he's excited to be a father, and his family is excited for him to be a father....he met the daughter for a few hours. Does not make one ready to be a parent!
  • And, yes! Emily puts him in his place on the being a parent. "It's not 'cool, Uncle Brad' anymore!"
  • Well, this looks like it's about to be an awkward conversation...
  • Real awkward.
  • Ok, Brad, sweaty...nervous wreck. He's like having an anxiety attack. Hello, a tad of reality.
  • This is serious break up talk.
  • I don't think she "messed it up"...a real conversation.
  • Yeah, it's over.
  • I think he wants to want Emily (more than physically), but is super into Chantal.
  • OK REALLY. I am fully aware that I am no fashion queen, but REALLY Chantal. Really.
  • Now we get an Emily rail scene.
  • The getting-ready scenes are so awkward. Do they really do their own makeup?
  • I accidentally just ate a whole bag of Reese's eggs. That's how stressed out I am.
  • "Where do I begin?"!?! Get it out!!!
  • Chantal looks really pretty.
  • Love Brad's suit and tie.
  • ...and his scruff.
  • Is there a "but..." coming?!?!
  • AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! I TOTALLY THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO PICK CHANTAL!!!
  • This is soooooooooo sad!
  • It feels so heartless to watch.
  • Oh her fist is clenched...is she going to punch him??!?!? I'm in full support!
  • She's responding very gracefully
  • A true test of my parenting: Will just climbed into my lap with a book. Pause to read while being totally preoccupied!
  • Poor girl. Wouldn't you feel like such an idiot....all dressed up, then rejected.
  • Every girl deserves to have the hysterical, ugly break-up cry (or any kind of cry, really) totally alone...Or with a best friend. No judgement from anyone, let alone national tv.
  • And a true test of my marriage...RJ just asked me for some Tylenol. Don't worry, I told him it was the last 5 min of the Bach.
  • Ohhhh...I just don't know if Emily and Brad are realistic.
  • Awww....tender.
  • She leans down to kiss him...Ah!
  • Hello diamond!
  • Um...has he even met her parents?!
  • This is sweet though.
  • Ouch, cheesy Train song.
  • Whew. Time to enjoy After the Final Rose. Oh, and read to my child!
Thoughts?

Here's my Bachelor idea: Time for some reality in reality tv. No more exotic dates, helicopters, limo rides, stylists. Real life dates. Jobs. Fast food. The guy plans the date. Ha, can you imagine?! No fantasy suites, just the Super 8. Regular amounts of alcohol...or none at all (gasp!).

9 comments:

  1. Katie, you are too funny! I'm curious on your thoughts after watching the After the Rose part though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't normally watch The Bachelor, but I've been sort of semi-following this season. SO wishing all this had been live tweeted or something so I could read it while I watched. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh...poor Chantal. They seem like they would have been better together, but editing much? Eh, who knows. When he said something along the lines of she was fun....deserved to stick around....blah. Twist the knife!

    Oh my tension with Emily. I don't think it will last. If there is that much to get out on TV, imagine what's not said. Too many differences. Brad looks super annoyed.

    LOVE Emily's hair. Much better than the platinum blonde. Like the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And please bless that Ashley H. is not the next Bachelorette. Although on Women Tell All, she sure looked like she had some Bachelorette-style styling.....hum...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are hilarious. My sister was over and insisted that we watched. . . so I obliged for all of twenty minutes. But I'm glad I did so I knew what in the world you were talking about. Your notes are WAY better than the real show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my gosh I love you! Had very similar thoughts but I have always thought he would pick Emily.. He pretty much told her he loved her, even said the L word. And he talked Chantal up like everyone else should like her but it was never about how he felt about her, just that he could be himself (like a best friend.) I hope they work out. Does anyone else think that Emily is too pretty to be real. And she's only 24! Makes me wonder if she had word doen

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha ha.... oh man, Katie, you are so funny :) ignore my "Boris" comment on your FB... I don't have cable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is hilarious! I had a lot of the same thoughts while I was watching. Seriously, he is 38!!!! Man, he and his brother have aged really well. I totally agree with you about the scaled down version of The Bachelor. How funny would it be to watch these guys plan their own dates. I guarantee the girls wouldn't be saying "I love you" after two days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just realized I don't follow your blog and I totally should based upon this post alone (well and the fact that your stories crack me up big time). I am OBSESSED with Reese's eggs.

    ReplyDelete