Tuesday, May 19, 2009

We're well trained.

Today someone was commenting to me how RJ cleaned the lunchroom at school for an assembly to start on time, and commented that I "have trained him so well"....it kinda made me chuckle. Because the guy does way more than I do at home.

For instance, he has always done his own laundry, he just does. He does the dinner dishes every night, feeds the pets, cleans the cat litter boxes (yes, there are two), does all the vacuuming, empties all the garbages, takes Dizzy out most of the time...so if anything, I'd say he's trained me!

Plus, I had forgotten that I left my clothes in the dryer the day. If I were him, I definitely would have just put them in a ball on the bed (I know I'd do that, because it's what I do if he ever happens to leave his in the dryer)...I came home to this:

All my clothes perfectly spread out! Because everyone knows if a clump of freshly dried clothes is left in a clump, they're a wrinkled mess...and I'd be much more likely to rewash them to dewrinkle them rather than iron, because who irons?!

3 comments:

  1. Can RJ come train my husband?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can he teach mine too? I'd pay him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that I hit the jackpot when I married James because we had been at school together and I had seen him do his laundry, and vacuum his apartment as well as cook yummy things...but I think that was all just part of the eligible male scheme. I am pretty sure that he still retains memory of how to do these things, but he just never does.

    So hats off to RJ, that is so sweet that he made sure to lay them out so that they wouldn't wrinkle.

    ReplyDelete