Friday, May 15, 2009

First Baby Shower!

Today was so fun...we had a GIANT baby shower at school. There are FIVE teachers pregnant...something is in the water! Well...technically only 4 of us are still prego...Anna had her baby 2 months early--luckily she and baby are both recovering well, but Anna we missed you at the shower!

There were yummy treats, fun games, and wow....I'm in awe of the generosity, such nice gifts!
It was so fun to start getting some baby stuff, and I'm so grateful for EVERYTHING we got today, wow.

Sue and Shelly leading the "Guess the Song with baby in the title...." game....super fun....me, not so good at it!

Shelly strategizing about what numbers to pick in Baby Concentration....
Mary, Denise, and DeAnn chatting...

Love love love these bibs my aide Betty gave us! I jokingly told my class, "Eh, we won't need that green one!"

Seriously! Look at all these goods! So excited to use it all...plenty of diapers and wipes, I'm sure those will come in handy...when RJ is changing the baby's diapers while I sleep....;)
We even got a beautiful handmade blanket from Mary...so soft flannel, with delicate crocheting on the edges. She is so talented. I was secretly hoping I'd get one of these, because I've heard how good she is at making them...and let's just say I'm not so good at it! It's wonderful, and a cute gender-neutral pattern. We also got an amazing handmade thick quilt from RJ's mom Daryla that was made by her mom who has passed away. It's a pretty green color, with a lot of small details. Amazing!


RJ showing me that we can now watch the baby's every move. Something tells me this is the same look our future children will get as they leave on dates in high school....

Everyone contributed to a giant group gift...a large gift card to Shopko! I was amazed at how much people chipped in...everyone is so generous and thoughtful to us first timers! We went and got a baby monitor...the video screen kind! We've really wanted one, so we were really excited to be able to get it. And it just happened to be on sale for the exact amount of our gift card...fate, I say!

Again, playing around with the monitor...we love it already!

Great day, so grateful for all our kind co-workers!

2 comments:

  1. Katie! I'm so glad you posted about the shower! I'm sad I missed it, so grateful for generous friends and co-workers too though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is the way to go, baby showers at work! Brilliant.

    You got some great stuff, and you are so right, you will use everyone of those diapers and wipes, and love them too. But not when they are used.

    I think that baby monitor is really neat, I am sure that you will have loads of fun getting everything ready for baby Cox.

    ReplyDelete