Monday, May 11, 2009

He's 31!


Not only was Sunday Mother's Day...but RJ's 31st birthday! We celebrated on Saturday by going to Ogden (I know...huge vacation...) to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. I hadn't been there since I went when I lived in Texas...and it was super good. We got LOTS of food..and I went "to the restroom" but actually went and told our server it was RJ's birthday. A few minutes later they brought the saddle to a table near us and RJ goes, "Oh no...don't tell them it's my birthday...that's embarrassing!" Mission accomplished. It was funny when he had to get on the saddle.

Afterwards we went to Fat Cats and played all their sweet games. I've decided it kinda stinks to be the adult in such a place...only because you have to be polite and let all the kids go first. I had to wait my turn for SO LONG as kids just kept walking right in front of me to play. It's probably because we were the only adults actually playing, not just chaperoning kids! Oh well..it was super fun....especially when I beat RJ in skee ball....ha!


Then came bowling...I had the lead for awhile (pure luck), then reality took over and RJ beat me! There were some cute families there that had ordered pitchers of soda, a couple pizzas, and just bowled the night away. I hope we take our kids to do that kind of thing when we have older kids....they looked like they were having so much fun. When the 4-year-old-ish girl bowled and the ball took about ten minutes to make it to the pins, the whole family cheered...it was really sweet.

Anyway...fun birthday! RJ insisted on opening presents right at midnight....a ceiling fan, a sander for his furniture projects....and even a present from our baby....a case of diapers!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I THOUGHT you were prego? Where is that baby bump? Anyway looks like a fun day!! And just a tip for future marital bliss...you're supposed to let them win on their birthday!! :) Oh and are you sooo excited for the bachelorette?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, don't let kids cut. I just about took out four kids that cut in front of me at the movie theater. Then the lady tried to charge me because they didn't pay and she thought I was the adult with them!!! I don't think it's ok to let kids break the rules. Especially if it's your husbands birthday! Birthday's overrule kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is the way to celebrate a birthday for sure. I love that you went bowling, I don't think that I personally have done that for awhile.

    You have inspired me to do that sometime soon. I think that was cute that the baby was able to sneak in a little gift for RJ as well. Nothing like a birthday to bring out the fun in a marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww...you guys are just so cute. Happy late Birthday RJ! ps- i love the arcade games at fat cats, most of the time, i play pop-a-shot the entire time instead of bowl. haha!

    ReplyDelete