Friday, May 29, 2009

Kid Funnies

It seems that my students get extra funny as the summer nears. I think it's because we all get a little crazy...myself definitely included.

*My class went to the 5th grade State Fair this week....the kids work so hard on these awesome reports about a state. Then, classes like mine go around and see the presentations. Very cool. As I sat in the "Wyoming" presentation....

Kid: "So...that's it, do you have any questions?"
Me: "Yes...does Wyoming have a state song?"
Kid: "No, they just play Garth Brooks songs."

*Later, my class was in the hallway. A woman walked by and a kid in my class talked to her for a minute. He's new, so I haven't met his parents.

Me: "Is that your mom?"
Him: "No, that's my fake mom."

* Later, we went to the cute First Grade Program. It was fabulous, and each student stood proudly on the stage...EVERY student had a paper hat on...all 80ish of them.

Me to girl in my class: "So, which one is your brother?"
Girl: "The one with the hat."

Only 4 more days...can't believe it....

2 comments:

  1. You should have your own "Kids say the darnest things" show or blog. I love your school updates. They always make me laugh :)

    BTW - What is with the fake mom comment? Step-mom, dad's girlfriend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your teacher stories. They are awesome.

    ReplyDelete