Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Break...Day 6...Day from Hell!

5 days of bliss before this...good thing.

It started off well when I got to unexpectedly see this lil' gem...



The "Up" house! It was adorable!

Off to City Creek we went. It was lovely...at first. The calm before the storm.



Will, adoring Josh as usual!

Then it came.



Will threw THE BIGGEST FIT I'VE EVER SEEN. EVER. EEEVVVEER. It was so bad. I'm NOT exaggerating when I say a solid hour (or even more) of kicking and screaming. Now, all you parents are probably thinking your child's done it too. Will's thrown his fair share of fits. At home. Or at a place where I can quickly get to the car/home/a calm corner. He is able to be reasoned with or at the very least, bribed and distracted out of the fit.

Oh NO, not this one.

First of all, City Creek was understandably packed. Saturday afternoon. I knew that going in, and would never put my child in a situation like that if I saw any potential for what was about to happen. This has NEVER happened. He started with a little drama (hence, the ear plugging pic)...and full on screaming and kicking commenced. I was trapped in H&M...a steady stream of the slowest walkers of my life in front of me..while holding Will's flailing legs as to not kick any unsuspecting shoppers. We got outside (finally!) and it was just as bad. Oh the looks. My goodness. I KNOW people thought I was either awful at controlling my child or that I was kidnapping a child. Bless the souls of those nice few that gave me a sympathetic smile.

We walked the length of City Creek, yep, still kicking and screaming. I really thought once we saw RJ, he'd be able to calm him...usually a change of scenery (or parent) will do it. Nope. It continued.

Long story short, we gave up our Cheesecake Factory table we'd waited an hour and a half for to cram into a packed elevator (poor people), while the screaming continued. Let it be said that I craved Cheesecake Factory all week....or you know, since I had it last...in Vegas, like 5 years ago. And RJ's never experienced the joy! The minute Will was put in his car seat, he went right to sleep. Bless his tired heart, but he has NEVER reacted that way or had SUCH a fit before. It was quite an experience.

The day only got worse...I was feeling nauseous all day and it soon started to really set in. I spent the night resting and went to bed as the worst houseguest ever at 10. I was so bummed...was SO looking forward to a night of games and laughing with our friends. But, alas, it was not to be.

The good news is...Spring break took a turn back to bliss and Easter was awesome! More to come...

P.S. RJ just walked in the room and asked what I was blogging about..."City Creek" "Oh, you mean 'City Shriek'?" See? Told you it was bad. Awful. Pretty sure we've been blacklisted from City Creek...or you know, all of Salt Lake...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Katie, I'm so sorry! I hate when they are out of the norm and out of the blue. You feel so helpless! We'll go back to City Creek AND Cheesecake Factory with you any time - we're just that kind of friends... ;)

    ReplyDelete