Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Shop

For RJ's dad's Christmas, we pulled an "Extreme Shop Makeover".

BEFORE:
Storage, storage, and more storage....


AFTER:

Room to work and store tools!



We originally thought we had 2 days to do it, because he was going out of town.

Then....I was making casual conversation and asked about his trip that was the next day.

"Oh, I'm not going anymore...it's supposed to snow..."
RJ and I threw a glance full of panic at each other.
We now had one day while Greg was at work!

So, on Monday morning, right when Greg headed out the door to work....RJ, Morgan, Greg, Nick (Morgan's friend), Daryla, Will, and I got right to work! We unloaded boxes and boxes of stuff, patched holes, took down shelves, pulled up carpet, pained the floor, painted the walls, sanded....

Since Greg usually comes home for lunch, Morgan and I had to pretend to be out running errands and meet him for lunch. At lunch, Greg told us that he had taken the rest of the day off! YIKES. We finally just told him we were working on Christmas presents and he couldn't come home. Poor guy ended up going back to work!







By the end of the crazy day, the shop was all redone.
RJ was so excited to give his dad his shop back as a place to work on projects
and keep all his tools.
It was a fun Christmas project!

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome! That looks so nice!

    P.S. I'd be happy if my garage looked like the "before" shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. he was so excited about it- he even told me about it on sunday! haha...
    and that may be my new favorite picture of will. i absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete