Saturday, January 1, 2011

I Resolve To...

I've blogged before about my daily calendar...I've bought the Life's Little Instruction Calendar for years. I rip off the daily sheet every morning, first thing when I wake up (well, after hitting snooze about ten times, on a good day). Sometimes there are ones I like, and I keep those ones. Sometimes there are weird ones.

Anyway, it's sort of refreshing to pull out my new calendar today. So many days to rip off. It just makes me wonder what the year will bring, what will be going on in life as I rip each of those papers off....all those little gems of wisdom to ponder.

Which made me think of resolutions....

I think I make resolutions....yet I can't remember any of them. So...maybe I do, but I don't keep them? That's probably the case. I think they probably last about a month or so...

So this year, I thought...I'm going to make a
"monthly resolution"
.
At the beginning of the month, I'll make a goal for the month....
I can stick to a resolution for 30 days or so.
A year, not so much.

January's resolution:
I will not eat any sugar for the month.


YIKES. We'll see how this goes. I'm drawing my inspiration from my friend Denise who is much stronger at setting and following through with such lofty goals. She goes cold turkey with no soda and no sugar...and actually sticks to it. I'm not crazy enough to give up Diet Coke, we all know I can't put myself through that torture. No sugar I can do, with some encouragement (and competition!) from Denise and I think I've talked RJ into it too. I think I'm competitive enough that I don't want to be the one who fails when other people are doing it too. This means our house will either get healthier and happier...or just grouchy. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, that is my goal for January too! (I say this as I sit here with a diet dr. Pepper in one hand and m & m's in the other.... Nobody really starts until after the weekend, right??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed. I don't think that I could take on that goal, as soon as I know I can't have a treat that is all I want to eat. I think that the monthly goal is a great idea though, I can't wait to hear how the month goes at your house.

    ReplyDelete