Saturday, June 5, 2010

Recommendations Please!

Last week:
Student: "Teacher, you're getting wrinkles by your eyes...."

Last night:

Dishwasher at Cafe Sabor: "Are you 35?"
*He's the same one that asked when I was pregnant if I was having "one nino or two?" Love him!

But really, the funny thing is that I noticed the wrinkle situation just a few weeks ago too. I really feel like I suddenly have some wrinkles. I'M ONLY 27! I mean, I realize that's almost 30, but wow...and the reputation of the group of students coming in for 3rd grade next year? Let's just say I should expect more wrinkles!

So...this got me thinking...I've never been really super good at taking care of my skin. I use Cetaphil face wash and moisturizer, and occasional sunscreen.

So...I want recommendations....What face wash/moisturizer/cream/scrub/lotion/liquid gold do you use? Help this wrinkly-I-look-35-years-old girl out!

5 comments:

  1. I have recently noticed myslef getting smile lines by my mouth. My first thought was that I should smile less. But come on...it's me after all. I don't have a miracle cream or anything but I hear keeping your skin moisturized and sun protection is the key. I've also read that a night cream can really be helpful, too. I'm pretty sure I'm getting my information from something I read like in Glamour or something. I haven't really paid attention or took head to the advice. It looks about the time that I should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Oil of Olay moisturizer with SPF 15 every day. I like how light it is. I haven't done anything beyond that as far as eye/wrinkle cream or night cream. Maybe I should start! I don't think you look 35, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wear dark sunglasses so you don't squint as much, the #1 reason for eye wrinkles. HTH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wear Aveeno moisturizer with SPF during the day and then I just barely started using a night cream. I feel too young to be using a night cream, but I figure if I can start this early maybe it will do some good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure that people think the same thing of me, but I would totally start crying if they said it out loud. I don't know what to tell you about special creams, but I do think that I will start doing a little research myself, I'll let you know if I find anything amazing.

    ReplyDelete