Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Wendover!

So for Valentine's Day, RJ planned a weekend away! He teamed up with our friend Josh. I admit I was a little nervous to leave Will overnight for the first time, but it went well. My mother-in-law Daryla was very generous to take a day off to be with him, and she and my father-in-law Greg sacrificed a lot of time (and some precious sleep).

We left Thursday to head to Ogden to catch the Fun Bus! And it was...FUN! Liz and I had to wait outside in the cold forever while the boys were on the bus. When we got on...our seats were all decorated....gel hearts on the window, a goodie bag full of chocolates, a sweet card, bubble bath, heart bracelets, heart lip gloss....so cute.

Our friends Liz and JoshThe Fun Bus fun begins!

We checked into our rooms and hit up the buffet. Unfortunately it was near closing time, so it wasn't stellar. But the luck on the tables made up for it!
We gambled into the night and had so much fun.

On Friday Liz and I were surprised with swedish massages at the spa! SO nice.

Then we met our friend Gary....He was this guy playing at the tables with us...then offered to buy us all dinner at the seafood buffet. He was hilarious. Best part....he asked what we all did. When Liz mentioned she was in school for audiology, he said, "Oh I'm in the medical profession too." We asked what he did...as I was thinking, there's no way this guy is a doctor.... He went on to explain how he hires "testers", the whole process, and even showed pictures. Quite the dinner time conversation!


Later we were treated to the Chinese Acrobats of Heibei show...awesome!
We turned into groupies later as we tracked them down for a picture!


RJ and I could totally be acrobats...


Why do I look tall in this picture?
I guess it's the way I'm standing?


As we were waiting to board the Fun Bus, we ran into good ol' Gary in the gift shop. He pulled out his Player's Card and told us we could use his comps to get whatever we want....Straight to the kid sweatshirts we went! This souvenir really shows Wendover's class! I told Liz we should go for the life size porcelain doll (creepy!). As we were paying the cashier said, "Oh I thought these were for kids...." Yes, yes they are. And we love them.


We got back to Ogden at 3ish AM....and headed straight to get Will! One night away was enough for me! It was a fabulous weekend away, so much fun to relax, laugh, and gamble!

RJ succeeds at yet another Valentine's Day celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment