Sunday, January 10, 2010

There's a WHAT in our garage?!

So....back in October RJ said he was already working on my Christmas present. The only clues I got between Oct. and Christmas:
  • He's building it with wood
  • He was working on it at his parents' house
  • "It's time for me to paint it...do you want it red or blue?" Not knowing what "it" was, I chose red...
  • He had to go to Ogden to get some parts for it
So...fast forward to Christmas Day. I got a letter from "The Comfort House" AKA, my house-turned-bed-and-breakfast-for-holidays...as in the Valentine's Day celebration around here (refer to VDay post...can't get the link to work!). The letter explained that since I enjoyed my stay, they've extended their amenities to include a spa and workout facilities. RJ went to the garage and told me to knock when I was done reading the letter.

When I knocked, he opened the door to this:


That's right....a hot tub....in my garage! haha! Wonderfully ghetto! It's so great....he painted the garage and hung pictures to make it look...less garage-ish! For the presentation he also had plants in the window, Martinelli's poured, and roses. He also had a flat screen mounted so we can watch tv in the hot tub, then turn it to run on the treadmill (which is in our garage too). He also had a new Wii Fit all set up for me!

Once you forget that you are sitting in a garage, the hot tub is sweet! It heats up super fast and is easy to take care of. It's really mobile too, so it will be nice to take with us if we ever move. I was just so shocked, because as you may have noticed, NONE of the clues applied. But if you know RJ at all, that is not surprising...sneaky!

And I totally fell for it!

6 comments:

  1. I think RJ wins the most thoughtful husband award. I love that he created an atmosphere and didn't just stick the hot tub in a plain ol' garage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, Katie! Seriously, that's the coolest thing--I would LOVE that!! How fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um.....barf that it is my brother....but how nice. I want a hot tub! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so great! He is so thoughtful! And creative. But I am confused....he didn't build it did he?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous. I would love a hot tub, but James is not really a fan of them (I am not sure what planet he is from yet).

    That is really cute that he was all about making a nicer atmosphere for your new "garage activities". How cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie, that is such an awesome surprise! Looks like he had the whole presentation planned to a T. He should go into food.

    ReplyDelete