Saturday, January 16, 2010

Late Christmas Recap

So I never really posted about Christmas...and I know I'll regret that later when I print our blog as a book...so....

On Christmas Eve we headed down to Salt Lake to see my side of the family. We opened gifts at my parents' house with my family. Will got the cutest stuffed monster bowling set! My mom got him a beautiful snow globe to always remember his first Christmas.
Will loved talking to my brother Paul!

The cute bowling set!

Then on to the BIG family dinner at my cousin's (Emily and Joe). Great to see everyone...and yummy food. The gift exchange was fun- Will got a fun teething toy, a Baby's First Christmas ornament (yay, because I never found a cute one in my search), and a My First Christmas book (which ironically says Ages 3 and up on the back).


On Christmas Day we spent our time with just our little family at our house. I LOVE that we do this, so that we get a little quiet time to relax and enjoy. Plus we get to see each side of the family for a whole day...no hurrying from house to house. We slept in late and ate a delicious Christmas breakfast that RJ made....the GIFTS! It was so fun to open presents with Will. We couldn't believe that just a year ago we had no idea he'd be here this year...and next year he'll love Christmas. We played with our new toys for the day and rested.



Check out all his loot!

RJ got him one of this light up star-stacking toy...he loves it!

The day after Christmas we got together with all of RJ's fam at his parents' house. We had a big turkey dinner and opened gifts. Will got lots of outfits and some diapers. RJ's mom made us a beautiful "quillow"....a quilt that folds into a pillow. She made one for each kid and worked so hard! She's so talented.


Carter is still not so sure about Will. We wanted a picture of them together,
but Carter kept scooting over!

Sara's mom Tami made these cute PJs for Will and Carter!

It was a wonderful holiday season....now enough with the snow and onto sunny days!

1 comment: