Sunday, June 14, 2009

It's a maze in here...

So... this will be a random post, I can feel it already. First of all...RJ just walked in the room and said, "Good news! I've set a new record!" Blank stare from me. "It only took me 30 seconds to get through the maze from the office to our room this time, and I didn't even stub a toe!" Amen. It is a maze around here. No no, not a nice organized one...a messy one. And it's driving me c-r-a-z-y.

The reason for all the hysteria? We're redoing TWO rooms! RJ moved his office into the spare room--it was blah white, and he went with milk chocolate brown...it's really pretty and cozy. He also used some spare wood to make an awesome desk...it's very orginal and different...and if I could find my camera and cord, I'd show a picture...must be lost in the maze.

And second....Baby Cox will have a super cute (read: time consuming) room when all is said and done. It's kind of a Tiffany's blue-green (but muted), with bead board half way up. Lots of painting, nailing, caulking, putty-ing later....and we're half way done! After a trip to Ikea, it's looking like baby's room will take on a vintage-looking look...I like it so far. He must too, because he sure kicks (or does back flips) a lot...that or he's protesting.

In the meantime, I'm considering charging admission for people to come beat the record time for the maze...anyone up for the challenge? Eh? Just grab a paint brush and wash a load of baby clothes on the way through please. (Oooohhh! Maybe we should go with an obstacle course instead!)

No comments:

Post a Comment