Saturday, August 9, 2008

Las Vegas!

I LOVE these fountains, everytime I see them!
Taci and I went in Burberry or Coach or some fancy store and tried on the only $500 sunglasses we'll ever wear! When we walked in, the sales lady said, "Oh, you guys are cute!" She obviously knew we didn't belong there....haha
Love the FAO piano!

R.J. has always LOVED Star Wars...so imagine his excitement when he saw this Star Wars slot machine...
M & M world!
Big frosty drinks to cool off the 115 degree heat....
Our friends Rory and Taci
I think this pic is cool....Shows how fast the city is rushing around you in Vegas!
While we shopped, R.J. found a water massager....his idea of a vacation!


Last week we went on a last minute, quick trip to Vegas with our friends Rory and Taci. It was a sweet deal...Rooms were $30 a night! Probably because everyone else knows that it is like unbearably hot in Vegas this time of year....yes, even at night....yes, even at the pool.....

We had a great time though, did the usual fun Vegas stuff...my favorite is always the great food and amazing Bellagio fountains.

Best moment of the trip:


R.J.: "I'm going to go play some black jack while you get ready. I'm only going to take $40."

Me: "Ok, good luck!"

About 30 minutes later: I walk to the table to see about $150 in chips in front of him.
I go check us out, we get our stuff and hit the road for home. Then I realize he never went to the cashier for his real money.

Me: "Hey, did you go to the cashier to change your chips out?"
R.J.: "Yeah....well.....I....kinda...bet it all on one hand....and.........lost..."

We'll be staying away from Vegas for a while.....







4 comments:

  1. That is so something my husband would do - Oh wait he did!!! Kind of laughable and kind of madening, but we've gotta love their spirit. Good old Vegas will do it to you every time and yet we keep going back.....

    Remember our Chi-O trip to Vegas with all the girls in the one hotel room - the Bax drama, the pool, etc.

    Man I miss you! (I'll be in Logan in only 27 days!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i heart you guys. classic moment- going all in and losing everything. it happens to the best of us. except, it'd better not happen to me! see you girlies soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing quite like Vegas. The big classic sites, the shopping, the great food, and yes the losses. I am really impressed that you braved the heat.

    Love the $500 sunglasses. If I had a random $500 burning a hole in my pocket, pretty sure that sunglasses would not be the first thing on my list to buy.But that is just me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which hotel did you stay at for $30? Next time Brian and i want to go with a big group and get rooms in Old Vegas because we heard they were cheaper. But I don't think you can beat $30!

    ReplyDelete