Monday, April 4, 2011

Golden Birthday

Turning 28 on the 28th was fabulous! I had such a great day. Remember when you were little, you'd count down the months, weeks, days until your next birthday...while carefully formulating (and reformulating, and reformulating...) your birthday wish list? I am reminded every year why I love birthdays as an adult...it's so fun to hear from so many friends and family. It makes me feel so cared for...warms my 28 year old heart.

When I first got to school, my sweet co-worker Jami had made a sign for my door.



The kids loved the day too...
three kids brought me Diet Coke and Oreos!
Scary how well they know me....


My friend Kari and her fiance Ben volunteer in my class on Fridays. She secretly had the kids make me a card last time she was there, then delivered it with balloons on my birthday. So cute.

At lunch, Will and RJ brought my fave sandwich from Jimmy Johns.
We had a good time eating lunch together.

On the way home, getting the mail...I got some birthday cards. It's so fun to get real mail among all the junk mail... I can always count on a sweet card from my grandparents, a funny card from my friend Leila, and a immaculate card from my aunt Sue.


Another fun part throughout the day...I had to put my phone on silent because of the fun messages coming through...it would chime for every Facebook well-wisher. It was so fun to see these messages pop up throughout the day...Nothing like Facebook notifications to make you feel popular. Next time I'm feeling blue, I'm going to set my FB to say it's my birthday. People would totally fall for that = blue feelings zapped!


When we got home from school, RJ said I should probably go get something from our room...once I walked in I saw...A new comforter for our bed!!! We have had a king bed, with a queen comforter for a while now, but those are expensive. So it was a fun surprise! Then he told me to look under the sheets, where there was a card drawn by Will (Aw!) and an iphone connector for the car. Love!

Later, we went to dinner with our dear friends Liz and Josh at Coppermill. It was yummy and fun. As if we didn't have enough good food and treats, we continued the celebrations at RJ's parents' house. His dad made apple dumplings and cinnamon cakes. YUM!

All of this was only the day OF my birthday. It gets even better! On Saturday before my bday, my parents came up for the day. It was so fun. We met at Sabor for lunch, which I hope they liked...it's awkward to rave about something, then hope they like it! Then we just hung out, played at the mall for a bit. They gave me a beautiful locket necklace. It has pictures of Will inside, with a W engraved on the back. Definitely a keepsake for life for me and my first baby boy. They spoiled me further with a rose plant (yes, mom, it's still alive!), and a pretty sweater. It was so fun to have them up for the day!

On Sunday, RJ's dad made my FAVE meal...homemade chicken noodle soup. It's amazing...big, thick homemade noodles...yum. And.....brownies! THE brownies. He even made enough for me to take to my class the next day. They were in awe...one of them even said, "These should be called billionaire brownies! They're so good!"

I love birthdays...everyone is so kind and generous. We are oh so blessed to have such fun families and friends to celebrate with!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Lady! Sounds like a lovely golden day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it was a great day! I heard your class talking about the brownies when I was out in the hall. Fun to know the back story! (and next time maybe I'll just find some reason I need to come in...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for brownies! Yay for birthdays! Yay for cupcakes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome birthday(s)! Hope my golden is that good next year. I love that your kids brought you diet coke and oreos. Melts my heart. No really got a little choked up about that one.(I blame the hormones) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete