Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cleaning out the Closet

Did a little spring cleaning around here....
found some gems that brought back memories.

These are some scrubs from the University of Utah Medical Center.
And I'm totally the rightful owner....ahem.

In high school, it was (still is?) a tradition for the senior girls to toilet paper the the senior boys' houses around the end of the year. So, on the planned night, we gathered our supplies and off we went. We pulled up to one house...but apparently the boys were in on our plans (shocking that it didn't remain a secret, eh?). They jumped out of the bushes and chased us. We jumped into my friend Misha's car, screaming and laughing. One of the boys jumped on her hood as she started to drive. She slammed into a parked trailer, sending it (and him I think) into the neighbor's yard. An ambulance came...luckily, everyone was fine after some short hospital stays. While Misha was in the hospital, we were pretty sure some scrubs would be a good souvenir. One by one we went to the shelf of scrubs and grabbed a pair, claiming that the patient Misha needed a pair. Ah....fond memories.


I found an old purse that hadn't been cleaned out...with a crazy amount of Cinnamon Fire Jolly Rancher wrappers. I had forgotten how much I LOVED these when I was pregnant. I ate them like crazy and clearly tossed all the wrappers in my purse.



Ha...I was consolidating luggage when I came across these two hair dye box tops and literally laughed out loud.

A few years ago, my parents and I went to Las Vegas for the Paul McCartney concert. One night, my dad was in bed early, so my mom and I thought we needed to live it up a little...we were in Vegas after all! So, naturally, to Walgreen's we went! For some reason, hair dye and a bottle of wine (each!) seemed like a good idea....because, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
Except, apparently, bad dye jobs.

So, we took our bottles of wine to the room. And realized that we didn't have corkscrews. So, we went to the front desk. The lady there told us to call room service. So we went to our room and called room service. He told us to call the front desk. So, again, we called the front desk. They said to try one of the bars down in the lobby. Whew...we were getting mighty thirsty and ready for some adventure after all this!

To the lobby we went...Went to the first bar. Took those bottles to the guy at the door. He said, "Well....we're not really supposed to open bottles for people....have you tried room service or the front desk?" Ha. So he sent us to the bartender.

The bartender took the bottles and....TURNED THE CAP! Yes, we are classy enough to buy wine that does not even require a cork! After all that. Tipped that bartender and heading sheepishly back to the room, amid the laughter.

Well, let's just say plenty of wine, tears from laughing so hard, and two empty dye boxes later...we both had dark hair. Well, "Bronze Shimmer" and "Toasted Almond", actually. Probably the best part was seeing my dad's face in the morning.






Apparently I kept the box tops for the memory.
Well worth it.
If you need tourist suggestions for Vegas, hit up Walgreen's.


Ah...memories.
I need to clean out my closet more often!

4 comments:

  1. These are priceless stories! I am amazed that no one died during Senior toilet papering- we did some stupid stuff that night, too. Mostly involving driving too fast with people in the back of our truck. Dumb! And I swear I gave myself a concussion trying to duck into the truck bed while hiding from a patrol car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...the east high tp'ing days....such good memories and a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wine story is hilarious...

    ReplyDelete